Sound Devices USB Pre2 Soundcard
Tài Liệu Hướng Dẫn Sử Dụng: Link
Two-channel, portable, high-resolution USB audio interface for Mac OS and Windows. Balanced mic/line analog and coaxial/optical SPDIF I/O, with up to 24 bit/192 kHz resolution. 48V phantom, peak limiters and high-pass filter on microphone inputs. Stand-alone operation allows use as microphone preamplifier and A/D converter. USB bus powered.
- Extended bandwidth, low-noise microphone preamplifiers with 48 V phantom, limiters, high-pass filters, and 15 dB pad.
- Dynamic range greater than 114 dB (in 24-bit operation).
- Flat 10 Hz to 40 kHz (@96 kHz SR) audio bandwidth with very low distortion characteristics.
- Each input inpidually selectable between microphone, line, and aux level signals (both channels selected simultaneously for S/PDIF connections).
- Precision, 23-segment, multicolor LED peak/VU meter, selectable between input and output sources.
- High-output headphone amplifier can drive a wide range of headphones.
- Balanced outputs on XLR connectors with dedicated level control can be used to drive line- or mic-level inputs.
- Mix control enables zero-delay monitoring of source audio, computer audio, or a mix of both source and computer audio for multitrack recording or computer telephony.
- Phono (RCA) jacks connect Aux Output to external loudspeakers or preamplifiers.
- Bus powering via USB for convenient, single-cable connection to the computer.
- In Stand-Alone mode the USBPre 2 operates as a microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter.
- Hardware loop-through for test and measurement to send computer audio directly back to an input.
- High-strength extruded aluminum chassis.
- Mac® OS X 10.4+, Windows®XP/Vista/7, and Linux, class-compliant audio device.
- Additional features controlled by hardware DIP switches on the back panel; no software-only features and no control panel.
USBPre 2 Portable High-Resolution Audio Interface
Sound Devices’ USBPre® 2 is a high-resolution, portable hardware interface for Mac- and Windows-based digital audio. The USBPre 2 is the industry’s highest performance and most flexible portable interface, connecting professional microphones, line-level sources, consumer audio electronics, and S/PDIF digital sources with Mac OS and Windows computers via USB.
Precision Microphone Preamplifiers
USBPre 2 includes two discrete-transistor microphone preamps with 24-bit converters and sampling rates up to 192 kHz. These preamplifiers provide the highest performance in any portable interface. Their topology is shared with Sound Devices’ award-winning 744T Digital Audio Recorder. Peak limiters, high-pass filters, and a 15 dB pad provide overload protection. All analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion is performed by the USBPre 2 for superior audio performance.
USBPre 2 allows for simple plug-and-play connection to computers running Mac OS, Windows, and Linux. There are no drivers to install for the USBPre 2 and there are no software-only features. All additional controls and settings are available on back panel DIP switches. The USB port also provides power to the unit, both when connected as an audio interface and when used in Stand-Alone operation.
As a class-compliant audio device, the USBPre 2 is limited to a maximum data rate of 24-bit, 48 kHz in Windows, Linux, and Mac OS versions 10.4 to 10.5.7. Mac OS 10.5.8 and higher support the audio class 2.0 device and can address the USBPre 2 up to 24-bit, 192 kHz.
To enable higher sampling rates in Windows OS, download the available Windows ASIO driver.
Output Connectivity Flexibility
To interconnect with sound systems big and small, the USBPre 2 includes numerous output connection types, including balanced mic- or line-level on XLR, unbalanced consumer line-level on RCA, S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) and optical (Toslink). The outputs have their own, dedicated front-panel level control. Use the balanced line-level signals to connect to powered loudspeakers. Use the optical S/PDIF to connect to hi-fi systems. Use the coaxial S/PDIF output in Stand-Alone mode for a portable microphone preamplifer with digital output for any production application.
Accurate signal level metering is essential for any sound engineer. The USBPre 2 includes a 23-segment, multicolor LED meter for precise level indication. The meter is switchable between input signal metering and playback signal metering. The meter indicates both VU and peak (PPM) ballistics.
Like all of Sound Devices products, the USBPre 2 is designed to stand up to the most demanding environments. Its extruded aluminum chassis and aluminum panels, machined knobs, metal connectors, and laser-etched nomenclature are designed to hold up to years of abuse.
The USBPre 2 can be used in Stand-Alone mode where it operates as a high-quality, portable microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter. Digital signals connected to the USBPre 2 are converted to analog and available at the headphone, XLR, and RCA outputs. Stand-Alone operation requires the unit to be connected to a USB power source. Stand-Alone mode is a great option when an additional microphone preamplifer, A-D converter, or D-A converter is required.
USBPre 2 ASIO Driver Download
An updated ASIO® driver for the USBPre 2 by Ploytec is now available for download. This driver (v1.2) improves stability and performance with Windows 32-bit and 64-bit computers.
The software driver (available for download below) adds ASIO support in Windows OS for the USBPre 2. The ASIO driver for the USBPre 2 allows for low-latency operation and sample rates up to 192 KHz on Windows computers. This driver supports Windows XP, Vista, 10, 8, and 7, both 32- and 64-bit versions.
Note: If a previous version of the USBPre 2 ASIO driver is installed on the Windows-based computer, it should be uninstalled prior to installing a newer version. For uninstall instructions, see Uninstalling the ASIO Driver in the USBPre 2 User Guide.
Installation instructions for the ASIO driver are found in the USBPre 2 User Guide, but are provided here as a convenience. Carefully follow the directions below to download and install the driver.
- Download the latest USBPre 2 ASIO driver, which is a zipped file.
- Right-click on the downloaded ZIP file and select Extract All. Then, select a destination and click Extract.
- Locate and open the extracted folder.
- Connect the USBPre 2 to the computer with a standard USB A-to-B cable.
- Double click on the setup.cmd file in the extracted folder to begin the installation process.
- Click Run, when prompted, to run the installer program.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the installation:
- When prompted to select a language, do so and click OK.
- When offered options to install, uninstall, or exit, click Install the driver.
- A dialog with a status bar appears to show progress. Each time a prompt for confirmation appears, click Install to continue.
- After the installation completes successfully, disconnect, and then reconnect the USBPre 2 prior to use.
ASIO® is a registered trademark of Steinberg Media Technologies.